You’ve found the perfect house. It has everything you need and wants in a home: a big backyard, room for kids and pets, and loads of space. But it also has carpeting on the floors. Maybe your friends told you carpets were the worst idea, but you can’t imagine anything else so you’re ready to sell your soul to the devil for some new flooring.
Here are some things to consider before making your decision:
- How often will it be used?
- Will your kids or pets play inside?
- What type of flooring do you think would best suit your lifestyle?
- What type of flooring is most commonly used in homes in your area?
Types of Carpets
Different types of carpeting will give you different levels of quality, durability, and price. Here are your options:
- Cut Pile Carpeting, is made by cutting the yarn loops, giving in an upright pile with a more sumptuous and formal appearance than a loop pile.
- Loop Carpet is the kind of flooring is lasting and practical, making it ideal for crowded places. Loop carpets, on the other hand, are not recommended for pet owners since animals with claws, particularly cats, are prone to be stuck in the looped fibres.
- Saxony Carpet, the pile on these carpets is plush and thick yet they are often flattened and give vacuum cleaner marks. They’re ideal in bedrooms and living rooms and it’s not recommended for crowded places like hallways.
- Twist Carpet, twists are popular because they are smooth, durable, and handy. They hide dirt well and it doesn’t reveal footprints or furniture marks. These carpets are suitable for crowded places such as family and pets. In the last ten years, this type of carpet has become increasingly popular.
- Berber Carpet, this carpet is formed of uncut pile loops that have a characteristic knot effect. Berber carpet is generally cost-effective, with a softly flecked colouration that makes them useful at hiding dirt. Like other looped rugs, this flooring is prone to snags and pulls.
- Velvet Carpet features a dense, short pile with a smooth finish, making them velvety and appealing. As a result, they’re a popular choice for bedrooms and living rooms alike.
How to Choose the Best Carpet for Your Home
The first thing you’ll want to think about when choosing a carpet is how often it will be used. If you have kids or pets that will play on the floor, you’ll want a carpet with a higher pile height. If not, a lower pile height might work better for you. Carpeting can also be chosen based on the type of lifestyle that’s lived in the home as well as what kind of flooring is most commonly used in homes in your area. One other important consideration is how easy your chosen carpeting is to clean. This can be influenced by the type of fibres used and whether or not it has special features like antimicrobial protection built-in.
How to Clean Your Carpet (and what you should do if it gets dirty)
Carpets are notorious for being difficult to clean. They can accumulate dirt, grit, and grime that will be nearly impossible to remove on your own. It’s important to know how to clean your carpet before you make the decision about what type of carpeting will be best for you.
There are many ways to clean your carpeting, but the most popular is the “wet” method – which consists of using soap and water to scrub out stains, followed by hosing down the floor with a cleaning solution. For stubborn stains that won’t come out after these steps, pet-specific cleaners or carpet cleaning services may be needed.
But having a dream house with hectic work can be tough. What’s more, if you have children and pets as well. You can connect to us and book online for compelling carpet cleaning your house in a super hygienic way from our certified teams.
These are just a few of the things to think about before you make your final decision about which type of 2022 flooring is best for you. Flooring can make your house look appealing and comfy, but it can be extremely tiring to take care of them all. But there’s no way you can’t have both.
Clean Australia Service based in Sydney is ready to take care of them for you. Our carpet service can restore the beauty of your carpet and what your house deserves to be. Get a free consultation with us and keep your house clean and decent.